Fine and sustainable architectural finish materials
Habitus Finishes LLC is proud to offer this curated collection of fine architectural finish materials. Their products and services are offered to both the trade and private customers. Habitus’ team of experienced industry professionals, and artisan tradesman offer the highest in personalized service and dedication. Drawing on their worldwide resources, they aim to provide a wide range of unique products & services.
Habitus welcomes architect and designer specification for projects worldwide.
Shirasu Kabe wall finish
Shirasu Kabe is a unique plaster wall finish produced from volcanic soil in Japan. It is applied by hand in textures using trowels. The volcanic soil it is made of is proven to remove impurities and odors in the atmosphere where it is applied. It also controls humidity; extracting humidity when levels are high and releasing the same when areas are dry. Habitus supplies the material and can also provide the plasterer services.
Cork Fabric for Wall Covering, Upholstery or Textiles. Featuring unique floral patterns with unique backing materials including metallic gold. All cork patterns are thinly mounted on 100% cotton. This material is inherently anti-bacterial, thermally & acoustically insulative. Available in rolls measuring 57″ wide, and in a variety of natural textures, styles and colors.
Ivory palm mosaic tile
Habitus continues to pioneer in the development of sustainable materials. They are pleased to introduce a new natural tile finish: Ivory Palm Mosaic Tile!
- Ivory Palm tiles are made from Tagua, also known as “vegetable ivory” or “ivory nut” because it is almost indistinguishable from real ivory.
- This material is environmentally safe and sustainably sound, harvested from palm trees and carved into penny round mosaics suitable for use as floors or walls.
- Natural, warm & durable; it is as dense and strong as marble stone.
- Ivory Palm is available in a penny round size; 1″ diameter. Supplied on face mounted sheets measuring 12″ x 12″ nominal.
- Colors include Ivory White which is the core of the nut, and Cascarita which is the outer shell layer. And a mix can be produced of the two!
- It is installed using a contact tile adhesive, sealed and finished with a urethane tile grout.
Barnwood Tiles are derived from an eclectic mix of reclaimed, re-purposed and recycled wood materials from sources throughout the United States. Making efficient their origins, they are proposed in small formats for interior use on feature wall & ceilings (not suitable for flooring). The material provides for a natural variations and unique characteristics, as no two pieces of Barnwood Tile are alike, as if the material were personalized for your project. Supplied in pre-mounted panel sections for easy installation using a contact adhesive.
Our team researches products, companies, studies, and techniques to bring the best of green building to you. Elemental Green does not independently verify the accuracy of all claims regarding featured products or manufacturers. Additionally, product and brand mentions on Elemental Green do not imply endorsement or sponsorship unless specified otherwise.