Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for helping us continue to bring you great content.
A bathroom vanity is the perfect example of a small bathroom update with a big impact. Because they often come as single units with sinks included, sustainable vanities can be an easy-to-install, eco-friendly addition to your bathroom. We couldn’t believe the available selection of stunning sustainable bathroom vanities – we found everything from timeless stand-alone, small bathroom vanities to modern wall-mounted units, all with some truly impressive eco-friendly features.
Among these top picks for sustainable bathroom vanities, you will find:
10 Stunning Sustainable Bathroom Vanities
- Stratum-N vanity vitreous china basin
- Bluetooth® speakers
- Auxiliary socket
- Internal lighting
- Soft-close drawers
In bathroom design, aesthetics, style, and functionality are of utmost importance – and not necessarily in that order! Native Trails’ sustainable materials step up to the challenge, celebrating practicality and showmanship. If you’re working toward green certification, such as the USGBC’s LEED for Homes, Native Trails products can help earn points.
Built to Last
When it comes to bathroom vanities and bathroom furniture, Native Trails “makes them like they used to.” Vanities are handcrafted by artisans who employ age-old traditions and expert craftsmanship from high-quality sustainable materials, ensuring each heirloom-quality piece will last for generations.
Tranquility. Clarity. Space for contemplation. This is how designer Christian Werner describes the vision that gave rise to L-Cube – a bathroom furniture program that eliminates all unnecessary elements to achieve the ultimate in simplistic beauty. With fewer “distractions,” the bathroom user is inspired to truly relax and unwind. The geometry of the sleek, rectangular furniture fronts remain uninterrupted by hardware.
As Individual As Its User
Not only do the flat surfaces of the handle-free furniture offer a sense of visual calm and relaxation, they’re practical and easy to clean. Thanks to the wide variety of L-cube furniture surfaces available – 11 different wood decors, 6 real wood veneers and 13 lacquer finishes – everyone can create a personal ambiance that suits their needs.
Unique features can be found in the details of this modern bathroom vanity, like the shadow gap between the countertop and the vanity units and the subdivision of the drawer fronts. Minimal design elements create maximum elegance and turn L-Cube into the connecting element between the bathroom itself and the elements within, transforming it into a “platform” for tap fittings and accessories.
The earth’s natural resources are not available in unlimited quantities. As the global population continues to rise, the need for sustainable concepts to conserve our ecosystem also increases. Duravit is and always has been aware of this responsibility.
- It is Duravit’s declared goal to return everything to the production cycle, wherever possible. All materials used at Duravit can be recycled: sanitary ceramic can be recycled and used as a wear-resistant material in road construction and some of it can also be used at Duravit for further production.
- The selection of materials and components are subject to strict ecological requirements. Bathroom furniture is mainly made from native wood that is sourced from certified, sustainability managed forests. In the case of bought-in parts, only products manufactured in compliance with DIN standards are used and clearance certificates are required in order to verify their environmental relevance.
This family of vanities sets standards for durable and eco-friendly materials and construction, using Earth-first manufacturing processes and natural compounds. Constructed of environmentally friendly engineered wood or solid oak, Wyndham vanities emit low or no VOCs by replacing hazardous resins, epoxies, and glues that do not outgas. These healthy materials are married to centerpiece styles, to suit traditional, transitional, and modern decors.
Waterfall’s mission is to create bathroom furniture that promotes a cleaner environment and comes in convenient sizes to easily fit in an existing bathroom.
The bathroom is a place to purify and regenerate. Shouldn’t its furnishings reflect that function? Waterfall’s line of transitional bathroom furniture is as easy on the eye as it is on the environment. Inspired design, a wide selection of color choices, and eco-friendly building materials make Waterfall a beautiful choice for large and small bathroom vanities.
Waterfall Vanity Features
- 13 color choices
- Highly durable, low-VOC lacquer promotes better indoor air quality
- Custom sizing to fit any space in any bathroom
Since 2007, EcoModern Design’s focus has been on providing stylish and environmentally conscious products. Homeowners looking to create a space that is safe, beautiful, and eco-friendly for their family will love the gorgeous, modern bathroom vanities that EcoModern Design offers. The company’s commitment to sourcing the newest and most beautiful eco-friendly products has led them to be awarded Best of Boston – twice!
EcoModern Design Vanity Features
- FSC-certified materials
- Laminate options
- Custom sizes
- Custom leather inserts
- Custom glass options
- Reclaimed antique barnwood (for cabinet doors)
- 3D lasercut panels
Quality and Precision
The Stone Forest team is a group of artisans and designers focused on bringing the elegant simplicity of natural materials into the home.
Each piece of Stone Forest furniture has traditional mortise and tenon joinery (no nails), and occasional use of butterfly joints to prevent separation and reduce use of adhesives.
8: Virtu USA Bathroom Vanities
Eco-Friendly Rubberwood Construction
Certified Water-Saving Technology:
Aura Cabinetry takes great pride in minimizing impact on the environment. Aside from using a variety of eco-friendly materials, Aura Cabinetry builds cabinets and vanities that last a lifetime. The quality of Aura’s construction methods ensures that you’ll be enjoying your vanity for many years to come.
- The finish that Aura uses for their vanities is a Conversion Varnish finish — better for their employees and better for the environment, all while providing your cabinetry with the best protection available.
- At its facility, Aura employs a number of processes to reduce impact on its surroundings. Their cabinetry software employs an optimizer to all of our cutting methods that ensures they are getting the most use out of each panel they cut to build cabinets and vanities. All hardwood, panel, and sawdust waste that is generated is recycled.
Aside from the great care and thoroughness of their construction methods, Aura Cabinetry’s lumber and panel products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI). The standard plywood material that is used in the construction of the cabinets and vanities has no added urea formaldehyde (NAUF) and meets California’s CARB compliance standards, which are the most stringent in the country for the materials used in the construction of cabinetry.
Mid Continent Cabinetry is committed to using sustainable manufacturing methods. They use and buy environmentally responsible products and proudly purchase hardwood from domestic forests that are sustainably harvested. MC also offers recycled products and products made with renewable materials.
Inspired by natural beauty of wood, Mid Continent is taking action to help promote reforestation — Partnering with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 10,000 trees in 365 days (that’s the equivalent of more than 27 trees a day!)
For The Earth
Mid Continent is committed to protecting the environment. Their goal is to provide consumers with high quality, durable cabinetry using sustainable manufacturing methods. MC continues to work hard to be a leader in responsible cabinetry manufacturing.
Every day Mid Continent is working to reduce waste consumption. The MC team believes a sustainable future can be achieved by following the three basic “R’s” – reuse, reduce, recycle.
- Mid Continent facilities have recycling bins throughout to collect a variety of items including paper, plastic, glass, stain canisters, cardboard, scrap wood, and metal.
- Only green-certified printers that use e-certified renewable energy to produce paper are used, in addition to corn-based inks and recycled paper.
- The Mid Continent plant facility employees work four, 10-hour work days, helping to reduce the amount of harmful greenhouse gases emitted from vehicles and decreasing the amount of daily energy used (and giving their highly-appreciated employees a day off!)
Mid Continent is determined to use only sustainable forestry methods. The majority of their hardwood is purchased from domestic managed forests that are responsibly harvested and replanted, ensuring tree reforestation.
In addition, all products are packaged using cardboard made from 100 percent recycled post-consumer fiber and following guidelines that help eliminate cardboard waste. In the last three years, Mid Continent has purchased more than 6,400 tons of recycled packaging, saving:
- 110,000 trees
- 60,000 barrels (2.5 million gallons) of oil
- 45 million gallons of water
- 19 million kilowatts of energy
- More than 16,000 cubic yards of landfill space
At the same time, Mid Continent has recycled more than 65 tons of corrugate packaging and has returned over 32,000 recycled pallets to their suppliers. Additionally, leftover wood waste is given to local farmers who grind it into cattle bedding and spread it over fields for fertilizer.
Check out our Product Showcase of Eco-Friendly Bathroom Sinks, too!
More About Eco-Friendly Bathrooms
For an eco-friendly bathroom makeover, a sustainable vanity is a great place to start. To learn about how to give your bathroom a total green transformation, check out this 7-Step Checklist for an Eco-Friendly Bathroom Remodel and these 3 Easy Tips for an Eco-Friendly Bathroom Remodel.