For three generations BLANCO has quietly and passionately elevated the standards for luxury sinks, faucets, and decorative accessories. A family-owned company, BLANCO was founded 90 years ago in Germany, and recently celebrated a milestone of 25 years in the United States.
Green products making a positive impact on the environment
Blanco is committed to developing products and manufacturing processes that are sustainable and efficient while making a positive impact on the environment. With BLANCO’s selection of green products, it’s simple to incorporate green living into your home.
- Stainless steel kitchen sinks are crafted of the highest quality steel and easy to clean
- SILGRANIT is colorful and does not require daily chemicals for cleaning, making it a great earth-friendly option
- Fireclay delivers lustrous beauty with a durable surface
BLANCO’s water-saving faucets reduce kitchen water consumption by 20% – adding to the conservation of the earth’s small drinkable supply. Some of the latest water-saving models, the BLANCO MERIDIAN Semi-Professional and the BLANCO SONOMA, save even more water – up to 30% – with a GPM flow rate.
Benefits of Composting
• Saves money from buying less food.
• Reduces methane emissions from landfills and lowers your carbon footprint.
• Conserves energy and resources, preventing pollution involved in the growing, manufacturing, transporting, and selling food (not to mention hauling the food waste and then landfilling it).
• Supports your community by providing donated untouched food that would have otherwise gone to waste to those who might not have a steady food supply.
IN-COUNTER COMPOST SYSTEM
One of the best ways to reduce household food waste, therefore helping the environment, is to compost food scraps instead of throwing them away. Crafted of recycled stainless steel, the BLANCO SOLON™ Compost System makes composting easy and stylish, and is hidden beneath your kitchen countertop. The system easily collects organic waste that would otherwise end up in landfills, and the sealed lid keeps odors out of your kitchen.
Environmental responsibility and corporate culture
BLANCO’s efforts for the protection of the environment go far beyond developing innovations like their SOLON™ compost system or water-saving products like their HYDRA™ faucet. The BLANCO team believes that the overall focus must be sustainable, practical, and intensive.
To achieve this goal, BLANCO has embarked on several initiatives like harnessing solar energy for their logistics center in Bruschal, Germany. The building features over 3,600 solar panels that create environmentally friendly and sustainable electricity, which will relieve the atmosphere of more than 600 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions every year. According to American Forests, sequestering one metric ton of CO2 equals about 3.6 trees planted per year which for BLANCO equals 2,160 trees planted! The investment in this new photovoltaic system is part of BLANCO’s extensive sustainability program.