Sustainbly-made and innovative textiles in every color and style
Carnegie Fabrics boasts a huge line of fabrics, textiles, and wallcoverings designed with innovation and beauty in mind. At the core of Carnegie’s company philosophy is the idea that fabrics should be designed not for the needs of today, but the needs of tomorrow. In addition, Carnegie is proud to offer several natural and sustainable options perfect for any green building project.
Xorel: High Performance and Sustainability
Xorel is Carnegie’s innovative and sustainable interior textile. Xorel was designed from a simple 3-part premise:
- Create a textile whose high performance is inherent to the raw material.
- Leverage its woven construction to enable a wide variety of aesthetic possibilities.
- Ensure that its affect on the environment is always minimal and could always be improved.
Xorel is the most thoroughly tested interior textile material on the market. More than 65 independent tests vet its performance and characteristics in areas as varied as durability, cleanability, acoustics, indoor air quality, bacterial resistance, etc.
In addition, Xorel leads the market in sustainability. From its C2C Silver Certification in 2007 to the ground breaking launch of Biobased Xorel in 2013, which is now C2C Gold certified, Xorel proves that beauty, performance and sustainability can be achieved in one product without compromise.
World’s first and only biobased high performance interior textile
In 2013 Carnegie introduced Biobased Xorel, a plant based product with a significantly reduced carbon footprint; offering the exact same beauty and performance the renowned Xorel brand has delivered for 35 years.
- Sourced from rapidly renewable sugarcane plant, instead of fossil fuels
- Remarkably high level biobased content of 60-85% (US Govt. requires only 25% for biobased label)
- 2.5 tons of carbon capture for every 1 ton of raw material produced
- Same great performance as original Xorel – durable, cleanable, colorfast
- Achieve points in multiple LEED categories – Rapidly Renewable, Indoor Air Quality, Material Transparency and Material Optimization
- No added finishes
- Responsible Return Program
The Net Effect
- Every 200 yards of Biobased Xorel used offsets the same amount of carbon dioxide as an acre of trees
- Every 100 yards of Biobased Xorel used saves emissions equivalent of driving a car 580 miles
Xorel Artform is a custom and artistic acoustic paneling solution. Artform is available in 4 individual shapes, 3 different scales in over 200 Xorel colors and textures, and made with high-performance and sustainable textile Xorel.