DIY solar solutions for every home
For half the homes in the United States, GoGreenSolar’s Watt string inverter kit is more than enough to completely eliminate their bill.
The 7kW size grid-connect solar kit includes solar panels, string inverter, and the racking system for roof mount. It’s complete PV power systems that can work for a home or business, with everything you need to get the system up and running. The kits include hardware components only (does not include labor).
A 7kW solar kit requires up to 500 square feet of space and could produce an estimated 450 to 1,200 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month. The average American uses 920kWh per month. Based on that average this system could reduce your bill to almost zero. If you’re an average or below-average consumer of electricity, a 7000W system could give you the ticket to electric bill freedom.
Benefits of going solar
- Federal government provides a 30% tax credit on all residential solar installations until 12/31/2016.
- Some state & local governments as well as some utilities are also offering financial incentives to homeowners.
- Investing in solar on your roof provides 6%-13% return on investment, better than most other investments today.
- By going solar you’ll be supporting local jobs and helping America become more energy independent.
- By going solar you’ll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.
How easy is it to install?
A 7kW system can take one or two weekends. GoGreenSolar kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible. A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working on their roof can install our Solar kit.
The installation of a solar system, even from a complete kit is considered above the average homeowner’s skill set and should not be taken upon lightly. Each task is rather simple, but you will be working at heights, on a angle, probably in the heat of the bright sun, working with power tools, hoisting large expensive pieces of glass up ladders and across a roof peppered with racking and wiring.
If you’re willing to give it a try, it can be a rewarding experience both in saving you a lot of money and of giving you a great sense of accomplishment. And if self-installation is not for you, GoGreenSolar is happy to help you find a local solar contractor to assist you with the process.