Environmentally Friendly, Green Entry Doors
Whether you are designing a green home or attempting to make your home more energy efficient, the door system that you decide upon can have a great impact. Ostaco Windows and Doors have partnered with Therma Tru Doors to create a door system that will contribute to improving your energy efficiency and green efforts.
- All of Ostaco’s doors are fiberglass which significantly reduces our requirement for wood and in turn reduces Ostaco’s overall carbon footprint.
- All of Ostaco’s door slabs have a CFC-free solid polyurethane foam core!
- What does this mean? Well, CFC stands for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) which is an organic compound that contains carbon, chlorine, and fluorine, produced as a volatile derivative of methane and ethane.
- CFC is known for its contribution to ozone depletion and as such Ostaco has made sure that our doors are CFC-free!
- Most important is the fact that Ostaco’s door systems are built to last! Invest in a quality product that will stand the test of time and rest assured in the fact you will not have to replace your door system for a very long time, if at all, reducing your waste significantly.
- Ostaco Windows and Doors has partnered with Therma Tru to offer the Tru Defense ® Door System
- What exactly is the Tru Defense ® Door System?
- It is the new standard for dependable performance in a door system.
- The Tru-Defense Door System maximizes the seal between the door and the frame to keep out the damaging effects of wind and rain, and increase energy efficiency.
- The secret to our Tru-Defense Door System performance is a series of components designed and engineered to work together to perform better in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Most of our doors are energy star rated.
Our Green Business Policy
At Ostaco our primary concern is providing our consumers with the highest quality product & service possible. However, this is not our only concern. Ostaco understands that an organization of our size can leave quite a large carbon footprint. So, in order to ensure a greener future Ostaco has taken the following steps:
- All PVC scrap is recycled and used in the manufacturing of products such as vinyl fencing, decking, railing and columns
- All paper and cardboard materials are recycled accordingly
- All scrap or damaged glass is returned to our vendor which in turn they recycle
- All steel and aluminum scrap is recycled and used in the manufacturing of other products
- At Ostaco all orders and communications are generated electronically reducing the use of paper products and in turn reducing our carbon footprint
- Ostaco’s machinery generates a significant amount of heat that is re-circulated throughout the plant reducing our energy consumption
- Energy efficient lighting is utilized throughout the Ostaco offices and plant floor reducing our overall energy consumption
Ostaco is proud to say that we are not only committed to manufacturing the highest quality products but we are committed to building sustainable green business.
Visit Ostaco to see their full line of energy efficient products.
Products featured on Elemental.Green have not been fully vetted for accuracy of claims. We encourage consumers to do their own research to find products and companies that align with their values. Additionally, product and brand mentions on Elemental.Green do not imply an endorsement unless specified otherwise.