Residential SIPS Framing Systems
Follow the future of framing like so many other homeowners have! For more than 50 years Premier SIPS roofs, walls and floors have framed homes from the oceanfront in California, to hot temps in Southern Florida, to freezing winters from Alaska to Maine.
Decades in the field have shown that SIP homes have stood stronger, straighter and greener than those homes framed with traditional 2×6 lumber and batt insulation.
Benefits to the Homeowner
- Structurally Superior: Compared to non-engineered 2×6″ lumber.
- Sound Investment: Appraisers now recognize advanced building materials and sustainable features in home values.
- Strong Warranty Offers Peace of Mind (you won’t see this with stick framed lumber).
- Reduced Heating/Cooling Costs: Up to 60% less!
- Better for the Environment: Less energy used, reduces green house gas emissions.
- Healthier Home Environments: Large panels with far fewer joints than stick framed construction mean fewer pollutants are able to enter the walls.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Tighter and better insulated structures enable the occupants to regulate the air quality with simple ventilation techniques. The EPA also recognizes SIPs role in providing healthier IAQ and outlines some of the reasons why proper ventilation is critical to home occupant’s health here.
- Faster construction time: SIP panels come precut from the factory per your custom plans. Much like a jig saw puzzle, SIPs are installed in days rather than weeks. Therefore, a SIPs house can be dried in and ready for siding/roofing much faster than traditional 2×6 framed construction and batt insulation.
Earn LEED Points building with Premier SIPS
It’s no question that SIPs help significantly for home and building owners seeking environmental certifications and financial incentives.
While LEED Rating Systems can be useful just as tools for building professionals, there are many reasons why LEED project certification can be an asset:
- Be recognized for your commitment to environmental issues in your community, your organization (including stockholders), and your industry
- Receive third party validation of achievement
- Qualify for a growing array of federal, state & local government initiatives (including tax credits and financial incentives
- Receive marketing exposure through USGBC Web site, GreenBuild conference, case studies, and media announcements
LEED for Homes (LEED for commercial is below)
LEED for Homes provides defined goals and processes for all team members to evaluate potential design challenges and offer solutions. This approach ensures the interoperability of systems in a high-performance home. Accountability forms are used to verify the participation of team members in the design process.
Once the home design is complete, the LEED for Homes Provider or Green Rater will conduct an estimate of how the home will score on the rating system. Four levels of certification are offered depending on the amount of points earned: Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Based on the preliminary evaluation, the builder may wish to include additional green technologies to meet the desired goal. SIPS CAN EARN UP TO 46 TOTAL LEED POINTS, MAKING A PROJECT “CERTIFIED” WITH SIPS ALONE!
- Certified: 45 POINTS
- Silver: 60 POINTS
- Gold: 75 POINTS
- Platinum: 90 POINTS
For more than 30 years SIPs have the proven performance over stick framing. Offering a sound warranty is one thing you’ll see with SIPs, that you most often won’t find with 2×6 construction.
As the nation’s largest and one of the oldest manufacturers, Premier has the track record and experience to manufacture you a superior product. Their vision and 20 year warranty is backed by the largest parent company in the industry (Carlisle Construction Materials) so you can be sure your SIPs structure is ready to stand the test of time.