WindStream Technologies, Inc. was established in 2008 with the goal of designing and manufacturing affordable and scalable renewable energy technologies for a global marketplace. The company has developed and tested the first-of-its-kind, integrated, hybrid energy solution and is now marketing and selling SolarMills® to a worldwide customer base.
Why SolarMill® versus Solar Only?
The SolarMill generates
- Daytime energy from the sun and wind
- Night time energy from the wind
- Higher energy production on cloudy days
- Better daytime energy peaks
- More total energy!
The SolarMill 1-3P includes:
- 3 Wind turbines (One Mill)
- 3 High-Efficiency Solar Panels (255w/305w)
- One Grid Tied Micro/Mini Inverter
- Roof-top wind & solar hybrid energy system.
- 24-hour power production capability.
- Very high renewable energy density per square foot.
- Scalable power generation with hybrid or solar.
- Power generation starting at 2m/s (4.5mph) wind speed.
- Mechanical braking at high-speed winds beyond 18.5m/s (41mph).
- Offsets peak energy pricing.
- Easily integrates with backup battery storage systems.
- Optional online energy monitoring for inverter, panels, and wind systems.
- No complicated masts, guy wires, or towers
- Three Low profile Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT).
- Silent operation & environmentally friendly.
- Integrated Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Minimal running maintenance required.
- Temperature sensing electronics for thermal protection.
- Withstand temperature ranges from -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F)