WindStream Technologies, Inc. was established in 2008 with the goal of designing and manufacturing affordable and scalable renewable energy technologies for a global marketplace. The company has developed and tested the first-of-its-kind, integrated, hybrid energy solution and is now marketing and selling SolarMills® to a worldwide customer base.
Why SolarMill® versus Solar Only?
The SolarMill generates
- Daytime energy from the sun and wind
- Night time energy from the wind
- Higher energy production on cloudy days
- Better daytime energy peaks
- More total energy!
The SolarMill 1-3P includes:
- 3 Wind turbines (One Mill)
- 3 High-Efficiency Solar Panels (255w/305w)
- One Grid Tied Micro/Mini Inverter
- Roof-top wind & solar hybrid energy system.
- 24-hour power production capability.
- Very high renewable energy density per square foot.
- Scalable power generation with hybrid or solar.
- Power generation starting at 2m/s (4.5mph) wind speed.
- Mechanical braking at high-speed winds beyond 18.5m/s (41mph).
- Offsets peak energy pricing.
- Easily integrates with backup battery storage systems.
- Optional online energy monitoring for inverter, panels, and wind systems.
- No complicated masts, guy wires, or towers
- Three Low profile Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT).
- Silent operation & environmentally friendly.
- Integrated Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Minimal running maintenance required.
- Temperature sensing electronics for thermal protection.
- Withstand temperature ranges from -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F)
Learn more from Windstream Technologies or…
Our team researches products, companies, studies, and techniques to bring the best of green building to you. Elemental Green does not independently verify the accuracy of all claims regarding featured products or manufacturers. Additionally, product and brand mentions on Elemental Green do not imply endorsement or sponsorship unless specified otherwise.