Meet Powerwall, your home battery.
How does Powerwall work during an outage?
Seamless backup power. With or without solar.
Powerwall detects grid outages and automatically becomes your home’s main energy source. Protect your home from the next power outage and keep your lights on, phones charged, and no puddles under the fridge.
Self-Powered home. Just add Powerwall.
Powerwall integrates with solar to store excess energy generated during the day and makes it available when you need it, minimizing reliance on your utility.
Compact and Simple
Powerwall is a completely automated system that installs easily and requires no maintenance.
Control Your Energy from Anywhere
Seamlessly monitor and automatically manage your Powerwall, solar panels, Model S or X anytime, anywhere with the Tesla App.
- Usable Capacity13.5 kWh
- Depth of Discharge100%
- Efficiency90% round-trip
- Power7kW peak / 5kW continuous
- Supported ApplicationsSolar self-consumptionBack-up powerTime-of-use load shifting (coming soon)Off-grid capabilities (coming soon)
- Warranty10 years
- ScalableUp to 10 Powerwalls
- Operating Temperature-4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C
- DimensionsL x W x D: 44″ x 29″ x 5.5″(1150mm x 755mm x 155mm)
- Weight276 lbs / 125 kg
- InstallationFloor or wall mountedIndoor or outdoor
- CertificationNorth American and InternationalStandardsGrid code compliant
Our team researches products, companies, studies, and techniques to bring the best of green building to you. Elemental Green does not independently verify the accuracy of all claims regarding featured products or manufacturers. Additionally, product and brand mentions on Elemental Green do not imply endorsement or sponsorship unless specified otherwise.